Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Trout with White Bean Stew, serves 4


Back at home, with magazines I do read, I came across a recipe similar to this one, using mussels.  I do love mussels however my freezer is full of trout.  Still.  So I improvised, changed this and that and came up with something a little different.  Wouldn't it be great if we could do that all the time with anything or anyone?  Just a little tweak here and there and it's good to go.  My husband for instance, if I could tweak his nasty habit of dipping, I'd be tweaked myself.  Or, tweaking that patch of whatever you call it under his lip, that he thinks is cool.  It's like dirt left on his face. (I have a special name for it that might deter you from reading my blog ever again.)

At any rate, that's what's fun about finding recipes; making them your own.  Now if only a little salt and pepper could fix the dipping and patch.

Ingredients

4 trout fillets or your favorite white fish, skins removed
3/4 cup dry sherry
3/4 cup dry white wine
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tbs of Srirachi sauce (located in Asian isle)
Two 14-oz cans cannelli beans, drained and rinsed
Kosher salt or sea salt
3 tbs chopped fresh parsley
Crusty bread for serving

In a deep skillet, combine the trout sherry and wine.  Bring to a simmer and cover and cook over moderate heat until the trout is done, about 5 minutes.  Remove the trout and set aside.  Strain the broth, reserving 1 cup.

Wipe out the skillet and heat the olive oil in it.  Add the garlic and Srirachi sauce and cook over moderate heat heat for 1 minute.  Stir in the beans.  Add the broth, season with salt and bring to boil.  Add the trout and the parsley and heat through.  Serve the stew with crusty bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment