Friday, September 17, 2010

Spinach and Cheese Raviolis with Arugula, Peaches and Tomatoes - serves 4


Our weeks are packed with not only school stuff, but after school activities as well.  If we aren't dashing off to soccer then we're going to rock climbing.  The great thing about the latter, is that my husband takes them to their team practice which leaves me with two nights during the week when I can just be STILL for 2.5 hours.  (I've been still only when I sleep and that's even a challenge.)  I even make the dog stay in one place and we have staring contests.  It's quite enjoyable, really, however even better when I can get a neighbor to partake in the solitude.

This week, a dear friend came over before we had to once again, dash off to a HPA meeting, but not to quick to enjoy a glass of wine, which is quite helpful before such meetings.  (shhhhhhh.)  I needed to get dinner done for when hubby and kids got home so this is what I came up with.  This could go in a magazine it's so pretty.  These raviolis can be found at your local super market as well as the arugula (unless you're my neighbor and you could come here).  As for the peaches, well, you better grab 'em fast because unlike this heat, they're on their way out, sad to say.

Unfortunately, my girl pal and I had to leave without tasting my creation, but once I returned home, I found it was a pleaser.  What I didn't do for the family, but for myself, was top this off with the balsamic vinegar I bought in Italy.  Once again, shhhhhhh.......

Ingredients

1 pd spinach raviolis (I prefer Lucido's pasta in Dallas, but you can get it anywhere), cooked to package instructions
1 1/2 cup fresh arugula
1 peach, diced
1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
Olive oil for drizzling
Balsamic vinegar for drizzling
Splash (just a splash) of cream
Sea Salt and fresh ground pepper
Grated Parmesan cheese
In a small bowl, toss diced peaches and tomatoes with a little olive oil, balsamic, salt and pepper.  Set aside.

After raviolis are cooked, place 4 servings into 4 bowls.  Splash with cream and top with arugula and peach mixture.  Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.  Season with salt and pepper and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment