- 8 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shaved fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, divided
- 1 1/2 tablespoons mascarpone cheese
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain; keep warm.
- 2. While pasta cooks, combine milk, 2 teaspoons basil, salt, and pepper in a bowl; stir milk mixture with a whisk.
- 3. Heat a small saucepan over medium heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add flour to pan, and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Add milk mixture; cook for 3 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring frequently. Remove from heat, and add 1 1/2 ounces Parmigiano-Reggiano and mascarpone cheese to milk mixture. Add cheese mixture to pasta; toss to combine. Sprinkle with remaining 4 teaspoons basil and remaining 1/2 ounce Parmigiano-Reggiano.