Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Pan Seared Sesame Tuna with FM Vegetables - serves 4

In honor to celebrate this horrific weather we are having, I decided to do tuna the way I feel like everyday when I walk outside my door.  Searing.  It is so hot here that just to give you an example, at 5:45am this morning, my temperature gauge in my car (on my way to workout) read 87 degrees.  At 5:45am!!  As of now, the gauge is reading 103.  The heat index is a stifling 111 degrees. Every pool I've been in feels like bath water.  Getting out of the car just leaves sweat tracks. Kneecaps are dripping.  The only good thing that has come out of this heat is that I have yet to get bitten by a mosquito.  Even they are staying away.
I don't cook tuna often, but Whole Foods had it on sale so I grabbed 2 fillets, contemplating how great it would feel if I could just lie on ice with them.  These are really easy to do and it requires very little ingredients.  Add a fresh corn, red onion and spinach salad and you have a great dinner prepared.  The meal literally takes less than 10 minutes to prepare.  If only the heat of the summer would follow suit.

Ingredients

2 Ahi tuna fillets
2 tbs black sesame seeds
2 tbs white sesame seeds
1/2 tbs sea salt

Directions

Mix the black and white sesame seeds with salt in a shallow dish.  Heat a large stainless steel pan over medium heat. Add one fillet at a time, to the dish, coating with seeds.  Add to pan and sear about 1 minute, then flip, searing a minute more.  Repeat with other fillet.  (If you want it more cooked through, add more time.)

Slice tuna with the grain, and serve with your favorite salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment