Thursday, October 28, 2010

I Still Can't Believe the Rangers are in the World Series Pizza


I had intended on sending this last night however I fell asleep.  My intentions were good although I woke up to not only losing my original post, but the Rangers lost. 

Not that this morning was a bad morning, at least compared to yesterday morning when I was awakened by our daughter, at precisely 4:10 AM, telling me that her bedroom was full of water.  Yes, we had a flood.  Such a large one in fact that it has left my home full of commercial fans, humidifiers and men coming in and out of my house to assess the damage.  I'm stressed and tired and my house sounds like Love Field with the runways full of airplanes.  I wish I could get a flight attendant just to come by and serve me peanuts or offer me a drink as I sit in this holding pattern of bad weather.

But, there's always a silver lining in every cloud.  The Rangers will start winning and I will make (made) pizza.  All, in all, you may not have a good day, but sitting on the couch with your family, watching America's favorite pastime on TV with the volume decibel to 90 and eating homemade pizza make everything alright with the world.  Even amongst water damage and tornado-like winds, all the peanuts in the world couldn't change that.

Ingredients - Pizza #1

1 pre-made pizza dough (not Babboli's!) If you live in Dallas, make a trip to Jimmy's for their new pre-made doughs.  They're wonderful.  Or, buy at your local gourmet grocery store, typically in the frozen section
1/2 cup tomato sauce
1 cup pureed mushrooms (get 1 lb of your fave mushrooms, with oo, add to Cuisenart with 2 cloves garlic and pulse until almost smooth)
1 cup frozen spinach, thawed and drained of all water
6 oz fresh goat cheese
Sea salt and fresh ground pepper
Olive oil for drizzling

Roll out dough according to package directions. Place on pizza pan or greased cookie sheet.  Prepare pizza in the order of the recipe and bake on 425 for 15 minutes.  Drizzle with more oo if you want.

Pizza #2

Repeat first two ingredients
1/2 cup pre-made pesto
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
1 cup shredded Rotisserie chicken
1/4 cup diced red onion
1 tbs chopped chives
Sea salt and fresh ground pepper
Olive oil for drizzling


Roll out dough according to package directions.  Place on pizza pan or greased cookie sheet.  Prepare pizza in the order of the recipe and bake on 425 for 15 minutes.  Drizzle with more oo if you want.

1 comment:

  1. Every time I try to make homemade pizza my crust turns out soggy. I've been buying the frozen pizza dough from whole foods. Is there a secret to a crispier crust?

    ReplyDelete