Tuesday, May 18, 2010

I'm starting to get tired of baseball in the middle of dinnertime tacos - serves 4 plus any boys that come home with the coach

Ok, I do love a good baseball game. But when it interferes with dinner time it just makes me mad. I'm a chef and I can't go feeding my kids PB&J at 8 - 8:30pm once they get home from baseball. And, since it's not good luck to my son not to have me there to watch him pitch, I have to go. Can't cook anything when I get back so something has to be done beforehand. What can replace the cold sandwich??? Thank goodness for rotisserie chickens. Yes, I like to do my own, but the thought of meat coming out of plastic or something creamy coming out of a jar makes me what to throw it against the door of the refrigerator. My quick solution is as follows (and yes, fish tacos were last week, but this just hit me today...)

1 Rotisserie chicken (preferrably from Whole Foods ), shredded (leftovers later!)
1 pkg corn tortillas
2 limes
1 can of Organic Refried Beans, warmed
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
1/4 cup queso fresco
Your favorite hot sauce

Warm rotisserie during baseball game. When you get home, wrap however many tortillas you want in a damp paper towel, heating in microwave for about 45 seconds to 1 minute or until warmed through. Top tortillas with beans, shredded chicken, squeeze of lime, cilantro, queso fresco and hot sauce.

Now that's a homerun, folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment