Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Fish Tacos - serves 6

I have a very good friend of mine who recently told me she still makes my fish tacos. I think I made them for her 10 years ago. I think that was the last time we had dinner together. Who knows how many times I've made this tried and true recipe... it's easy and can be made with just about any fish you like. My theory on fish recently is somewhat altered since we can't be to sure what they're eating these days, like BP Oil. SO, that being said, make sure you ask your butcher where the fish has come from, especially in the next few weeks. Top this meal off with some pinto beans and you'll have a mini food fiesta right in your own kitchen.

4 tilapia fillets (or catfish)
4 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 cup olive oil
juice of 6 limes
Kosher salt
Fresh ground pepper
1/4 cup fresh, chopped cilantro
Feta cheese, crumbled
1 avocado, diced
12 corn tortillas

Preheat oven to 375. Arrange fish on foil lined baking sheet. Drizzle olive oil to lightly cover fillets. Season with garlic, lime juice, Kosher salt and pepper. Let sit for 10 minutes.

Meanwhile, wrap corn tortillas in damp paper towel and foil.

Bake fillets and tortillas for 8 minutes, or until fish pulls apart easily. Remove from oven and chop fillets. Place on corn tortillas and top with cilantro, Feta cheese and diced avocado.

No comments:

Post a Comment