Monday, July 26, 2010

Right out of the Ocean Roasted Trout with Fresh Herbs - serves 4


I love to fish.  My husband tells me that one of the reasons he married me, aside from my good looks and humor, of course, was the fact that I can fish and hunt.  After a day of fishing with my son off West Bay in Galveston, he took my daughter and I for a fishing trip of our own.  She held her own, catching 3 of the 27 trout, my husband and I catching the rest.  I am extremely competitive, even when fishing.  The goal, of course, is to see who can catch the longest fish.  We tied, both catching 23 inch trouts and a great memory for the 3 of us.  After reeling them in, gutting them and feeding leftovers to the aggressive pelicans, we came home to Dallas with 108 trout filets.  It doesn't get better than this.

Ingredients

2 whole trout, gutted
3 tbs oregano, minced
3 tbs thyme, minced
3 tbs rosemary, minced
2 tbs garlic, minced
1/2 tbs fine sea salt
1/4 cup olive oil, plus more for drizzling
Sea salt and fresh ground pepper

Directions

Preheat oven to 425.

Rinse the trout under cold water.  Pat dry.  Place all herbs, garlic, salt and olive oil in small bowl and mash until well incorporated.  Place trouts on foil lined baking sheets and stuff trouts with herb mixture, drizzling olive oil inside and outside fish.  Season with salt and fresh ground pepper.

Place in oven and bake for 12- 14 minutes.

Remove from oven.  Remove heads with sharp knives and split trout down middle to make filets.  Serve immediately with a salad or your favorite summer side.
(You can serve the fish whole (how we ate them) and eat away as you please!)





No comments:

Post a Comment