Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Parchment Paper Salmon, serves 4

I normally always cook healthy, since my husband over indulges himself when I don't. We wives can nag all we want that our loved ones should eat healthier and get some exercise however we nag to deaf ears. Fortunately for me, my husband has sought out a trainer, who, in agreement with me, agrees that hubby needs to eat better AND lose weight. Joy to my ears as my dinners get even healthier. This one is easy and only requires parchment paper and one pot to to cook the entire meal. And, healthy to boot.

1 pound fingerling potatoes, halved or quartered
1 cup frozen peas
3.5 tbs unsalted butter, chopped
2 tbs chopped parsley
Grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
4 tbs creme fraiche (at Central Market or Whole Foods) or sour cream
4 skinless salmon fillets
1/3 cup olive oil
1/2 cup vegetable stock

Preheat the oven to 375. Cook the potatoes in boiling, salted water for 7-8 minutes until tender. Drain.
Lay four sheets of parchment paper (large enough to hold the fish and vegetables) onn a work surface. Place the potatoes in the center of each, then top with the peas, butter, herbs, zest, creme fraiche and salmon. Drizzle with oil, lemon juice and stock. Fold the edges of the parchment paper to form well-sealed parcels. Place on a tray and bake for 8-10 minutes until the fish is just cooked. Serve parcels to be opened at the table.

Wrap in foil if you want to cook on grill.

No comments:

Post a Comment